top of page

Beware of Toxic Dinnerware!

Being devoted to living a natural lifestyle, I think it’s important to bring attention to something most people forget about- Toxic Dinnerware! I love serving healthy and organic meals that are free from chemicals to my family. However, in addition to clean eating we need to think about the plates that those meals are being served on.

Ceramics such as porcelain, stoneware, earthenware, and china are all commonly used for dinnerware and have been used to store and serve food for centuries. However, the glaze that completes your dinnerware, giving it a smooth and shiny look as well as enhancing bright colors and decorations, can make it toxic.

When you add hot food to those plates the heat extracts the chemicals into your meal. Also, when you put those dishes in the microwave, lead and cadmium are leaching out into your food.

High toxic burden harms your immune system, and exposure to toxic metals may increase your risk of clogged arteries.

Do a safety and risk assessment of your dinnerware. Lead and Cadmium are probably hiding in it. Your health also depends on the dishes that you use to serve your food.

8 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All
bottom of page